June – Watching and Waiting for News of Mesh Settlements, Reclassification

Jun 2nd, 2014 | By | Category: Welcome- Why We're Here
April 24, New Brunswick NJ

April 24, New Brunswick NJ

Tensions are beginning to get strained over the extremely long wait for justice for the mesh- injured.

Welcome to Mesh News Desk aka MMDND your source for all news mesh-related. Much is happening at this time but much of it is behind the scenes.   Take for example, the recent announcement that Endo/AMS had decided to settle about 20,000 cases with an $830 million offer. Women and their families are told to be patient and sit tight and wait for a letter from their law firm.  Sometime in June the first letters should go out to clients and we will stay on top of what the offerings are. Hopefully readers have their client contracts and are making sure they are kept appraised according to the language of the contract, which prevails.

Contributors are always welcome to MND even to post anonymously. Please don’t be shy to share your thoughts and feelings. And I could use some analysis of documents entered in the cases that have been tried. Let me know your interest in producing a story, even bullet points and I’ll send them along to you. There is just too much for one person to do alone!

June is a great month to dedicate to doctors as well.  Many readers are aware of a recent emergency room debacle with one friend of MND. She was turned away from several emergency rooms even though she was showing signs of sepsis. Unfortunately she is not alone.  Doctors seem to continue to be appallingly ignorant of the scope of mesh complications. June is a good month to review what is known and shine some much-needed light on the doctors who use their professional associations to justify their continued head-in-the sand approach to mesh injuries.

Case in point, your editor had dinner this weekend with a doctor who said something like “Yeah, they will have complications until they get a settlement.”  Whoops, wrong person to say that to!  He received an immediate and firm talking to and he concluded he could be wrong.

Smart women are finding ways to start conversations, print cards that say No Mesh. One reader brought information to a public “Learn About Incontinence” session that was hosted by a doctor looking to wrangle some new patients. She brought with her:

The Ten  Myths Women are Told About Surgical Mesh

As well as the July 2011 FDA warning:

She handed them out to those women in attendance just so they could have another perspective and she did it respectfully and graciously.   Congratulations C.R. for taking things in your own hand!

So women are losing patience and it is understandable. The letters to the Attorney Generals of many states is a campaign that continues to let them know there is enough information there that needs to be investigation concerning one prominent mesh maker and your support of those letters is important. I’m working with CAN on that effort so stay tuned and thank you for your contributions to keep the lights on.

Please add your comments to the reclassification of mesh from moderate risk to high-risk.  The comment period is up at the end of July and you need to be heard about all types of mesh injuries since they are for the most part polypropylene. Weigh into the Federal Register here.

The information contained on these pages is not intended to substitute for advice from your legal or medical professionals. Any advertisers be forewarned that a firewall exists between advertising and editorial content.  Advertising is welcome.

This site follows the Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ) Code of Ethics and tries to minimize any harm to an individual.

As always, Bruce Rosenberg is available to discuss your hernia injuries. Not a doctor or a lawyer, Bruce is hernia mesh-injured and has formed The National Meshoma Foundation. His purpose is education…please contact him for information and be patient because he is overwhelmed with the mesh-injured community.  brosenberg1@bellsouth.net.  954-701-5094.

Tags: , , , , , , , , ,

51 Comments to “June – Watching and Waiting for News of Mesh Settlements, Reclassification”

1. Sandy says:

Thank you for straightening your doctor friend out. Hiw can we all be just making this up until a settlement comes when our medical records show proof of injuries. i guess all the doctors who write this on our records are committing fraud??? i highly doubt it.
    I woke up crying this morning over the whole mesh issue. You see by now all the bills that are hounding me would be paid if I could work but I can’t. I have been so hurt that social security approved me the first time I applied. My medical records show with out a doubt I can’t work. Most people 70-80% get denied the first time around. I am losing my marriage and everything I have worked my entire life for. I don’t know when a settlement will come or if. I don’t know how much it will be. My attorney said well if you can’t work because of the mesh then your case will be worth a lot more. A lot more than what? Can it help to rebuild my body, my marriage, my family. Today is a day that I just want to give up anymore. I am so tired of fighting. Of living like I am some kind of dead beat just wanting a hand out. I grew up on a farm and we were taught to work hard! Now , well as many I sit and wait. Wait for the doctors to admit they messed up. Just some honest would be nice. But everyone is covering their own butts and to hell with the women. I am not sure how much longer I can just pretend to be happy for my family’s sake. I am not sure how much longer I can try to not take pain meds and becomes friends with my pain as one counselor said. I am suppose to get to know my pain! Believe me after almost 3 years I know my pain. I know it because it is there every day and the pain it has caused is losing everything I had. AMS I will rot in the grave before I let you get away paying me pennies! I want to go on with my life. I will try to start over HOPEFULLY MAYBE someday. I will have to move away from all the painful memories I wil have where I live now.
    I wrote the FDA, I wrote my senators in my state. No one wants to get involved it seems. I wrote the news stations and the talk shows, again nothing. I have never felt so disvalued in my whole life. I have never felt so hopeless, so lost, so lonely. Thank you AMS — you SOB’s for destroying my life

• tracey says:

hi there i have just read your story iam so sorry for you iam also a victim like hundreds, thousounds of others i myself have recently found out that it is not just myself suffering iam concerned about you reading your story you seem your at rock bottom try and be stong enough to get the determination to get in contact with a surgeon who will help you i live in the uk and have been in severe pain since last october i am in the process of contacting a surgeon who will remove the tvt for me i wont give up until its removed im making it my mission to succeed because if i dont have it removed soon i could loose my home i havnt been able to work since the op and am now on benefits of 72.00 per week yes thats right a measley £72.00 iam a vertual prisoner in my own home as the pain is so restrictive . please dont give up because there is a strong possibility if you have the tvt removed you will be back to your old self again what have you got to loose by having it removed good luck in the desicions you make and take care.

2. msm says:

I am a little concerned with the following article:

Study Reveals Vaginal Mesh Removal Surgery May Be Ineffective

This article supports our long-term suffering and why mesh should not be used in the first place. However……
    While this is true and is great based on face value, I’m concerned it may be used by some docs as an excuse not to attempt surgical treatment. Worse yet, for insurance companies to use it to deny benefits because it is not proven to be totally effective. Sorry to be so skeptical but it might be a good time to get our ducks in a row to fight if it comes to that.

• Kitty says:

Hello msm I had SUI mesh removed for problems with urine retention and extrusion of same. I was self urinary cathing 3X per day and now-after surgery-no longer cath. I will admit when I go to bathroom to void–I may have to go 5 minutes later to totally empty–not having to cath3x per day is good. I do dribble now and then. I still have POP mesh in and have nerve pain and bowel elimination concerns. I most likely will not live as long as I would have if I did not have this surgery. Pain when I walk–sacral spasms and pelvic cramping –I now have ankle swelling which I never had in my life. . The J&J pop mesh will evenually take me out–with or without surgery. I go back to urologist this month and really appreciate all the chat regarding Dr records and need to get our records.

3. Sandy says:

I think we are the first in a long line of people who will come out sooner or later with complications from meshes. Tis is just the tip of the ice berg. Just wait and see. Kitty and everyone else this is now normal life as we know it. It will take years for the doctors to figure it out but by then it will be to late for many of us. I just hope some day with all the people like Jane and all of us who suffer the truth will come out and others will not have to go through so much suffering.

• Kitty says:

Sandy that is so sad the way you put it —but like you say we must get the truth out We were the guinia pigs (spelling)?? The mesh suffergettes.. and justice always prevails in the end.

4. karen says:

Well hi to everyone, im in the same situation. But let me tell you what happened , my husband was a called 1 week ago to get a kidney transplant. Mentally im overwhelming happy. I wished ss would have granted my ssi they denied me . I had to hire a attorney. The mesh cause me also to hate my life becaused it changed for the worst. But my husband has a new kidney lets me know that God will come to help me and all of you . So if I have faith then we will have faith ok.We all have too pray very hard all day . Thank you

5. sandy says:

Congratulations Karen on your husband it’s a miracle that he got a kidney I agree with you we just have to keep the faith in God and keep trusting him even in our darkest moments that he sees all knows what’s going on somehow someway it will be all okay I thank God everyday that I have all of you out here that I understand but I’ve been through I think God everyday that I have a place to go and lean on just a little bit I wish there was someone here around me I could go on to talk to you that you are my family and I really do care about you are thank you is never enough that’s right now its all I have to get up it comes from the deepest part of my heart thank you for your support your kind words and your caring. I pray everything goes well with your husband Karen and just know one day you will be well again too believe it and keep your faith strong

• Janice Coats says:

I am a current pt waiting for settlement. Do u think it will be a generous amount what we have been thru? Just wondering. It should be long as we have waited.

Your type of mesh? What does your law firm say? I’ve been told letters should go out in June concerning some AMS settlements…

• kirsten says:

My lawsuit has been ongoing for over two years with my attorney saying it could be another five years before settlement. I had transvaginal orbital mesh with one of the lesser known companies, which makes my wait time even worse. I have given up hope that this mess will ever get solved. Money always dictates precedence. And sooooo many doctors either refuse to accept or don’t want to be caught in the middle, refuse to admit some of my problems today, could be from the mesh still in me.

Kirsten- I hope you are concentrating on your medical condition and now a lawsuit and what it may or may not bring down the road. Your health is first always. I hope you select an expert who can assess your medical situation…best~ ja

6. Barbara Dykes says:

J&J more unbelievable every day…..from formaldehyde in baby shampoo to this:

Putting poison in the eyes of criminals and paying them 3 bucks….may they rot in hell.

7. Sandy says:

Janice, I was told by my first attorney that the amount would be less than 100,000.00. I never wanted to get rich by going through something like this. In fact if I could go back and never have this done I would do it in the blink of an eye. But I can’t. I will never be normal again. So that is one reason I changed attorneys. Maybe I won’t get the compensation I deserve but I want an attorney that believes I do deserve the same as what the juries are awarding. How can juries say that the people who have gone to trial deserve like millions and then the medical companies say “oh here is 40,000.00″ NO! That is not right. I believe all of us who are suffering and who have lived or are living in the hell of daily pain deserve so much more. Will it happen I doubt it. But I will fight. Once I get better, I keep praying after I see the doc in AZ, I will be able to be helped, I will travel where ever and talk to who ever to get the news out about this mid evil device they put in women! I am going to ask the doctor down there to do an interview with Jane. Lets just keep hoping and praying.

• kirsten says:

I love your fight and spirit. When my mesh eroded into my vagina, that ended all sex life, which in turn caused a myriad of other problems.

8. cheri says:

Dear mesh sisters, I am sick with dread on the upcoming mesh settlements. I have waited 7 years for this. I’ve lost everything that was important to me. I no longer work as a nurse, can’t lift and do put care. My husband took up with a 22 yr old girl, I guess her vagina wasn’t broken, ( I am in my 50s) can’t date, may never have sex again. All this and more, 40,000 will in no way compensate for this. When I first filed this lawsuit my attorneys told me it would probably be in the 6 figure range. How on earth could it be slashed to 40,000. I am at the bottom tier with ONLY 1 revision, but I am far from being well. I pray for god to help me out of this mess so I can live a normal life someday.

• Kitty says:

Hi Cheri I cant imagine the humiliation of lossing your husband to some 22 year old. I’m sorry for your lose. Just remember–she herself will be 50 someday and go thru menopause. Yes— Menopause is difficult enough and then to make it worse by having a plastic gadget attached to the pelvic region. There is no way a 50 year old woman can compete with a 22 year old sexdpot–espeicilally when she has an eroding plastic gadget in the pelvic area being banged around during sexual intercourse. ugh!! Did you have SUI or POP mesh Cheri?

9. msm says:

I have just learned that 34 women are suing AMS and Total Petrochemicals and Refining in U.S. District Court in Texas. They all were implanted with SPARC and claim negligence, breach of warranty, failure to warn, manufacturing and design defects (Same as some of us.)
    They included Total who makes the polypropylene resin in the Sparc Sling that is claimed to be incompatible with human tissue and caused the injuries.

These women are from different states, but the facts of the cases all have the exact same device and are claiming similar injuries so a Federal Judge ruled today that the state courts should handle the cases – NOT the Federal Court.

AMS objected to that because they would rather pile them into the MDL we’re stuck in. Then it’s a quick and easy settlement for AMS. NOW, they can’t silence the facts with one global settlement.

So, what makes the rest of us so “special” that we’re stuck in a very bad “global” settlement. Other than an obvious difference in U.S. District Court and a different judge…. Oh…and a different attorney !

• Kitty says:

msm do you think I can get out of the MDL and find a different attorney and file in–lets say Wisconsin?

• msm says:

Wish I knew. I’m stuck until I can afford to switch attorneys. I just don’t understand how they get away with “representing” their clients without ever consulting with them.

10. Kimberly Sepe says:

Does anyone have any knowledge of when the Coloplast letters will be sent or have they been sent ? Every time I call their “Mesh Hotline” they know NOTHING of my personal case. I am just told that Coloplast has settled. They do not know if I was part of the 16 million dollar settlement. I am not on the list of the 1300 for MDL 2387. No one can or will give me a straight answer. If there are any women out their involved with the Coloplast lawsuit I would really appreciate some updated information.

• msm says:

I found this:

“Coloplast has determined not to handle pelvic mesh lawsuits as MDLs; rather, smaller groups of transvaginal mesh lawsuit settlements will be reached with individual law firms. ”

So you need to contact your lawyer’s office. They would be the only one’s who can tell you if that firm reached a settlement.

• kirsten says:

My manufacturer is choloplast and still no word. My lawsuit started over two years ago. I was told it all depended on the bell whether cases. I cry foul.

11. msm says:

I heard yesterday they were considering settling but I didn’t hear they had. AMS “settled” April 30th and no letter and no official word except to wait. So it might be awhile before you hear anything about a Coloplast settlement. It’s so frustrating!!!

12. msm says:

Just saw it. It says it only settles 400 out of 1500 case $16,000,000. So it’s the same as the AMS settlement at $40,000. I guess they figure if AMS could get away with such a low settlement, so could they.

13. msm says:

I just realized that 95% of claimants must accept the settlement within 120 days from the day the agreement was executed (April 30th). That puts the deadline on August 29. So, we’re 43 days into it. The more time that elapses before we’re are given the details, the less time we will have for consideration and seeking further counsel. (How many currently trust counsel that entered into this agreement?) Retaining further counsel will take time making a rushed decision more likely and a greater chance of acquiring the 95%. With fear of having nothing, more claimants are likely to agree as the deadline nears.

Suggestion:
    Retain counsel now. Have them lined up to evaluate the agreement as soon as it’s received. I would be suspicious, however, of anyone who is currently advertising and recruiting clients. There’s got to be someone out there who’s qualified and will review it for a reasonable flat rate so they don’t stand to profit from your decision.

But that’s just my new suspicious nature and humble opinion.

• msm says:

Again, just my opinion:
      I think some of us have made our decision, but most have not. I’m afraid that more than 95% may blindly accept because
      A). They think they have to
      or
      B). They believe that the amount offered is fair compensation for their injuries (those whose injuries are minor), or
      C). They believe that they will be homeless (or already are) if they don’t get something to pay the overdue mortgage.
      Out of the 20,000, how many have only minor injuries? If it’s 95%, the agreement might go through leaving the rest of us to find other representation and face the court’s wrath because of our “ungrateful defiance” (doesn’t sound very “just” to me.)

While I know this sounds negative and cynical, I’m trying to brace myself and have a plan in place. I hope you will do the same if you don’t agree with the offer.

14. All Meshed Up says:

It is a shame that Hernia Mesh patients cannot be part of the conversation concerning lawsuits and possible settlements. I notice again that Hernia Mesh patients just are not included when talking about mesh problems. It is frustrating as hell to watch these protests and news conferences without including or even a mention of us. I know Bruce would of loved to have had a chance. But no. We were not included or invited, again.
    I try to include ALL Mesh Victims in anything I post concerning mesh complications because that is how it should be. All of US together against mesh products. But time and again, Hernia Mesh Victims are the last to know, be included or invited.
    There was Hernia Mesh before there ever was any Gynecological Mesh. The lies and damage started with the implants of “heavy” Polypropylene mesh for hernia repair! I know. I had one. Just saying……

• Kitty says:

Hello All Meshed Up I believe the women are getting the attention because of the descriptive injuries that have ben noted and brought forth in the public eye. I can imagine what your injuries are if you are a man–but only one man on the blog mentioned he lost a testicle. So–perhaps there is erosion in your case?

• All Meshed Up says:

Actually Kitty there have been 2 men on here that have lost a testicle. Bruce is the other one. What ticks me off is that we, as in ALL OF US, have been implanted with a mesh product, most likely with Polypropylene, but Hernia mesh victims are left out of the discussion. Sex is painful if not impossible for me. My right side is disfigured with scar tissue and a bulge. Nothing can be done about it according to the Specialist I saw last month. Every Law Group I have talked to will not take my case. And finally when there is a chance for Hernia mesh victims to be on hand for the J&J stockholder meeting we were not even thought of. THAT is what I mean. At least you all could get an attorney. At least you may get a settlement. At least you could have a voice at the J&J meeting. Both Bruce and I have been fighting for ALL mesh victims. Not just our mesh. YOUR MESH TOO! But when it comes time for protests at J&J, we are not even considered. It would be nice to be included as a Mesh Victim when there are opportunities like the J&J meeting but it is becoming obvious that we are not. It is every women for themselves when it comes to this subject. I know you all have suffered and been damaged. But try to remember that there is more to Surgical Mesh than just Gynecological use. There are many, many other victims of surgical meshes other than you. And we would like to take participate in the meetings and the protests. But some how I doubt that will occur. Money seems to be the root of it.

• Janet B says:

That’s a very good point. I think sometimes us women who have been injured by transvaginal mesh forget that our devices were approved based on the ‘success’ of hernia mesh (which from what I’ve read in these groups is anything but successful). We should all band together to get rid of MESH as a whole – polypropylene should NOT be implanted into the body at all, not in any area. We’d be much stronger together, strength in numbers. I apologize to any hernia mesh sufferer because I’m probably guilty of focusing mostly on the transvaginal mesh that injured me. You’re right, you should have a voice and be included.

15. Ruth says:

If you say AMS has already settled then why are they back in court as of June 2 and scheduled agian for July 7?

• msm says:

The following is the trial schedule for MDL2325 against AMS.

Bellwether Trials
      Updated 5/16/14

By PTO # 172, the remaining bellwether in this MDL, Pattison v. AMS, 2:12-cv-7154, has been continued until further order of the court.

Updated 5/6/14

The following cases have been resolved and their trials (scheduled for June 2, 2014, July 7, 2014, and August 19, 2014) cancelled: Serrano 2:12-cv-03719; Jilovec 2:12-cv-05561; Weiler 2:12-cv-05836; Fontes 2:12-cv-02472; and Najor 2:12-cv-6722. The remaining bellwether in this MDL, Pattison v. AMS, 2:12-cv-7154, remains scheduled for August 19, 2014.

16. Ruth says:

Thank you msm for the info. Does this mean that AMS has settled? If so, then Sandy mentioned an amount of 40,000, is that what we are looking at? Is that before or after our lawyers cut? If this is the case it seems really pathetic. Sandy makes a valid point, why are some people getting millions just because they went before a judge and jury? Haven’t we all suffered? And even if we recieve a monetary reward for our pain and suffering, it does not mean our battle is over! I really hope that this whole thing plays out more fairly for everyone and that this nightmare ends soon. God bless to you all!

17. Sandy says:

Not all of AMS lawsuits have settled. Only a handful. I have not been approached as to a settlement. The 40,000.00 was offered to only a couple of law firms the way I understand it. I think Dan Bolton said it best with his statements. The 40,000.00 would be before lawyers fees and paying the medical insurance back. I will not settle for this. I would end up with nothing at all for the pain and suffering I am still going through every day. I am praying for all of you and watching too. God bless you all of my mesh suffering family. Stay strong and don’t let them buy you like a cheap car.

18. Ruth says:

I just read the Motley Rice Settlement Agreement with AMS and ENDO. This seems ludicris!(spelling?) I also checked out the exhibit A. Don’t really understand it. I even checked outvthe “joint report of negotiating plaintiffs’ and AMS settlememt counsel regarding status of settlement negotiations”. This whole thing is a friggin joke! In this document it is said that “the negotiating partties believe that this approach is practical, flexible, and effi ient and offers the greatest promise of resolving the largest number of cases in the shortest possible time”. Well i ask you hasanyone from your firm asked you what you thought of the terms since tthey are representing you! Why do they think it is ok to just accept an offer from AMS before first asking their clients if it is accepttable? I thought their 40% payment ment they worked for us not the other way around. They should e reported to the bar assosiation. I don’t uncerstand how this is allowed. This is not a class action case. You need to say no to this offer. After your atty gets their fee and the insurance is reimbursed you will not see a dollar but your law firm will get rich. Very rich! You can count on that!

• All Meshed Up says:

The Motley “Crew” is making millions of dollars off of all Mesh Victims. So are the rest of the Lawyers that are representing Mesh Victims.
      Your Lawyer is most likely NOT the Lawyer walking into and negotiating with the Court. I have read many posts on Topix where Hernia Mesh Victims that were involved in the Rhode Island MDL were totally screwed. Substantial Financial gain is what these MDL’s are all about. For the Lawyers that is. Unfortunately for the Mesh Victim after waiting for 3 or 5 or 7 years they got $14,000 dollars! That was for a category 4 or 5 victim which is what most of us would be categorized as. If you are dead, your family was given about $300,000 before any subjugation.
      Migliori and Motley Rice are making millions of dollars and as they get more MDL’s going, it is easier for them to present cases because they now have had the experience and know the Court. They have also now set up cooperation with the Manufacturers Lawyers and seem to be negotiating more out of their convenience ( and profit ) than truly representing their clients. It’s for their convenience that these negotiations are done more out of expedience than making sure the client is adequately compensated. Many clients are left in the dark for years waiting for some word about their “Substantial Settlement” only to find that their hopes for some financial well being is crap. If they disagree with the settlement. they are ostracized by the Law Group, get little if any further information and are left with nothing. Meanwhile TV advertisements continue to tell Mesh Victims of the 11 Million Dollar Settlement or $400 Million Dollar Settlement that makes the Victim hope for the same. But the Lawyers get THEIR money! That is for certain. No subjugation. No wondering, hoping and suffering in pain for them! Nope. They get their money, no matter what you do or get.
      As one of the many who has tried over and over and over again to get a Lawyer to represent me, this all makes me sick. I know to much about what is happening behind the scenes as it were. I have talked to Victims about their cases and what has happened to them. I wanted to write an article about this but most victims that are still waiting for their money are scared to death that they may be identified and punished. Meanwhile the FDA ignores the situation, the Manufacturers continue to market and make all sorts of mesh ‘products’, the Doctors put them in and take them out and the Lawyers set up another MDL. Everybody is making money off of us and we are left with nothing. Even the States are getting money back they paid out for surgeries but the Mesh Victim is not even thought of. We are being swept under the carpet as quickly as possible and the MDL’s are a perfect example of this.
      Best Wishes………..

All Meshed Up… I so wish you could find a lawyer to represent you….Hernia mesh plagues so many and with about one million implants a year the toll potentially is astronomical. The Meshoma Foundation has some advice as well as All Meshed Up 954-701-5094… You are welcome to write any time all meshed… and thank you…

19. Carly says:

Karen, I have been fighting SSI for 2 yrs now and got denied twice now…….waiting for a court date.

20. Sandy says:

Carly email me if you want. Jane has my email and phone number

21. Sandy says:

All meshed up Dan Bolton has filed suits for hernia mesh problems recently. I would at least call him. It can’t hurt to see if he would or could help you.

• All Meshed Up says:

Thanks Sandi. His firm turned me down 2 weeks ago. Like I said, if you have had 2 different mesh products and have been trying for 7 years to get representation, there is nothing that can be done. The Lawyers want the easy cases and do not give a damn about the rest. I have ALL of my records on disc. I have specialists telling me there is nothing that can be done for me so I live my life in pain everyday. I am one of so many Hernia Mesh Victims that the numbers are not even calculated by anyone. I would like a statistic of how many men in the U.S. has had to lose a testicle because of a mesh implant gone bad. But no one gives a crap about men losing a testicle especially at my age. How many Hernia Mesh Victims are looking for a Lawyer but cannot get representation because the Lawyers are after the Gynecological mesh Victims? That is where the money is at.
      Bard has stated that they believe they have compensated enough mesh implant victims and will not participate in another MDL. So 1500 patients out of a few hundred thousand is enough for them so we are forgotten and left with nothing.
      Bruce and I have talked about this so many times because neither of us could get a Lawyer to represent us since the Supreme Court made their ruling 5 years ago that killed our cases. And now it’s Statute of Limitations that has got us. It is not fair but then again who cares?

• All Meshed Up says:

Thanks Sandi. After reading my post it reads more like whining than anything else. I am just tired of hearing the advertisements and having people tell me about the advertisements as if I have never heard of or tried to get representation. I have victims ask me all the time for the name of a reliable Lawyer. I am NOT the person to be asked that. I am serious when I say that EVERY MAJOR LAW FIRM has either dropped me after a couple of months or denied me straight off. And my Dad is a Lawyer and I have not talked to him since 1984 because of how he treated my Mother. I am also so tired of not seeing any change in the FDA and how much info Bruce and I ( and many others ) have given them goes no where. I have tried Fox, NBC, CBS, CNN and ABC to get some interest there. They call the FDA and are told that everything is fine and that I am a nut. I may be a nut but everything in Meshville is not fine. Best Wishes…..

22. Sandy says:

I do care and I am so sorry. I wish i could help. All I can do is pray for you. Seems empty to some I know, but to me I love it when someone tells me they will pray for me. It means they will take time out of their lives to concentrate on me. God bless

23. lawyer said dont talk about says:

Motely rice told me not to read these blogs or post on them. But does this mean they are not working to help me. If I am only making them rich,and not be compensated for my pain. .. them why report any new problems or dr visits I have. I am confused.

Just a thought- you probably should follow the advice of your law firm, even though they work for you. At the end, it could save them a lot of time to clean up any misstatements you might make.

24. kirsten says:

Sorry, was just checking to see if I could post. After having the mesh erode into my vaginal, I had it “removed”. I did not realize until after surgery, that it is impossible to remove it all!! I was horrified. I had a great surgeon that apparently goes in deeper than most, but found out post surgery, he was still only able to remove 80%. So what the hell? I have 20% floating around ambigiously in my body? For life? I was so upset. I thought it was possible to remove it all. I had no idea they cant remove it all. I have had hip pain ever since the surgery. Its not like you can xray and find it. But both my hips have been aching for the longest. My doctors have said this and that cuz none of them want to have to testify or hspecify, it could be because of the mesh.!!!!! Plus, before my first surgery to get it in, I was never told there was another option, the one they had used for years, using your own tissue for bladder support. I felt like I got duped for day one and am very angry.