Open Letter to Doctors – A Serious Concern as Doctors Divide

Jun 3rd, 2014 | By | Category: Medical News
TVT-O from TVT Meshed Up, UK

TVT-O from TVT Meshed Up, UK

Editorial- Jane Akre, MND –
In July 2011
the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) issued a Safety Communication that surgical mesh used to treat pelvic organ prolapse (POP) carried more risks than benefits and was “of serious concern.”  See the notice here.

Mesh erosion can “require multiple surgeries to repair and can be debilitating for some women. In some cases, even multiple surgeries will not resolve the complication.”  Mesh shrinkage, mesh contraction, pelvic pain, painful sexual intercourse could result and these serious complications are “not rare” said the FDA, a reversal from an October 20, 2008 notice. Doctors were urged to:

* Obtain special training for mesh placement

* Be vigilant for potential adverse events especially erosion and infection

* Watch for complications especially bowel, bladder and blood vessel  perforations

* Inform patients surgical mesh implantation is permanent

* Recognize that in most cases POP can be treated successfully without mesh

Day on Notice

That day –  July 13th  – is essentially the time that the medical community knew or should have known that mesh carried with it inherent dangers “not present in traditional non-mesh surgery for POP repair.”

Why then is the issue of mesh complications still being debated?  Why then does such a divide exist between the medical community and the communication with women whom they are treating?

What has happened since July 2011?  How many patients have received full and complete informed consent since that date?  How many doctors have revealed their financial conflict-of-interest with mesh manufacturers?

On stress urinary incontinence (SUI)  mesh complications, the FDA said it would get back. That has not happened even though Mesh News Desk reported there was a 36% increase in SUI mesh complications last year.  See story here.  MND recently inquired about the updated SUI complication numbers being reported into the agency and was told an update does not exist.

And why then does the medical community still offer polypropylene mesh as a first-line treatment for POP and SUI, especially since complications are coming in about 30 percent for hernia mesh patients implanted with the same polypropylene mesh. (See background story here).   That number is difficult to assess because there is no post approval monitoring requirement for POP, SUI and hernia mesh and any complication reports are voluntary.

Instead, some doctors are telling patients they believe the mesh controversy is strictly lawyer-generated.

One survivor tells MND:

How can we all be just making this up until a settlement comes when our medical records show proof of injuries? I guess all the doctors who write this on our records are committing fraud? I highly doubt it.  I woke up crying this morning over the whole mesh issue. You see by now all the bills that are hounding me would be paid if I could work but I can’t. I have been so hurt that social security approved me the first time I applied. My medical records show without a doubt I can’t work. Most people 70-80% get denied the first time around. I am losing my marriage and everything I have worked my entire life for. I don’t know when a settlement will come or if. I don’t know how much it will be. My attorney said well if you can’t work because of the mesh then your case will be worth a lot more. A lot more than what? Can it help to rebuild my body, my marriage, my family? Today is a day that I just want to give up anymore. I am so tired of fighting. Of living like I am some kind of deadbeat just wanting a hand out.”

AUA Doctor Divide

The American Urologic Association (AUA), a professional medical organization recently met in Orlando Florida. Security was reportedly tight and obtaining pictures of the many sponsors on the exhibit floor was not allowed.  No wonder. There you would see banners from Ethicon, AMS, Boston Scientific, among others.  The mesh business is a multimillion dollar enterprise, and growing along with the aging baby boomer population.

Drugwatch’s Michelle Llamas attended the session and watched as the society debates mesh for stress urinary incontinence (SUI). The story is here.  Llamas reports AUA’s official position is: “restriction on the use of synthetic polypropylene mesh would be a disservice to women.”

So here we are almost three years after the FDA warning that mesh complications for POP were growing and “not rare,” and that SUI mesh complications were on the rise as well and we have a panel of four specialists in the field of urology debating whether mesh slings so more harm than good?

Dr. Michael Kennelly, Charlotte Continence Center

Dr. Michael Kennelly, Charlotte Continence Center

According to the Drugwatch report, the four panelists were divided in their thinking about surgical mesh slings. The debate was whether the benefits outweigh the risks and whether it’s the mesh itself or the technique of the surgeon.

Those in favor of mesh slings were Dr. Michael J. Kennelly from Charlotte NC, here, and Dr. Eric S. Rovner at the Medical University of South Carolina, here.

“Here you have a doc claiming mesh is the worldwide standard because it is minimally invasive and only takes 22 minutes. Yet his own data shows 90% of his patients complain of pain. Amazing! He can’t understand why mesh slings would be any worse than polypropylene used for hernias and sutures.”~ woman online to MND.

Dr. Eric Rovner, MUSC

Dr. Eric Rovner, MUSC

They praised the fact that a mesh sling can be implanted in as little as 22 minutes. Dr. Rovner blamed lawyers for highlighting the complications.

Dr. Jerry Blaivas, Urocenter of NY

Dr. Jerry Blaivas, Urocenter of NY

On the other side of the argument were Dr. Jerry Blaivas (Weill Cornell Medical College) here, and and Dr. Helen O’Connell (University of Melbourne, Australia) here.

Neither Blaivas or O’Connell will use polypropylene mesh. These two doctors prefer to use autologous slings taken from the patient’s own tissue to create their own sling and to use for prolapse repair as well.

“The audience was silent as Blaivas showed graphic slides of patients and the terrible complications they suffered after undergoing “one of these 22-minute retropubic slings, done minimally invasive.” One of the slides featured a patient who underwent six operations to remove the mesh, which, as Blaivas stressed, can be difficult even for the most experienced of surgeons.”~ Drugwatch

Blaivas compared the lack of knowledge about the dangers of mesh to cigarettes back in the 60’s.

O’Connell said the mesh disasters are avoidable and that sling complications are on the rise, the operations are experimental and the real complication rate is unknown and underreported.

Women should have a choice she concluded.

While doctors debate this issue and the FDA remains silent on SUI injuries, women can contribute to an open letter to be sent to the medical societies.

Open Letter –Suggested Topics

• SUI mesh complications are real and growing
  • The FDA needs to be counting them and doctors need to be reporting them
  • Medical societies should insist complications be reported
  • Medical schools need to once again teach the traditional repair techniques and not fall prey to marketing by medical manufacturers.
  • Informed Consent should be complete and include the ever evolving realities of mesh
  • Professional medical groups (AUA, AUGS, ACOG) need to make transparent conflict of interest payments from manufacturers to board members.

Your Comments Here:

“First, there ARE problems with other applications of mesh AND there’s a difference that some male “doctors” can’t get through their heads: sexual intercourse creates friction between the delicate tissues trapped between the mesh, the penis and all of the other muscles, ligaments and bone in the pelvic region. This results in repeated trauma to the tissues especially in the tissues of post-menopausal women. Let’s face it, if there wasn’t any pressure and friction, men wouldn’t be very happy. Would they? I guess some still believe that sex is something women should accept as their responsibility to their “man” and we complain too much whether we have mesh or not.”

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

19 Comments to “Open Letter to Doctors – A Serious Concern as Doctors Divide”

1. Hope Pagano says:

I think that the Doctor’s in favor of the use of polypropylene mesh should be forced to have it implanted in their own bodies before they go pushing this dangerous and toxic product.

• pam says:

I agree, let all the doctors and their lies and records of lies , and distorted truth have the mesh implanted in their penis and the nurses also have the mesh implanted . through out their whole bodies. ask if they will volunteer, add some attorneys and judges, and then let them give the amount of nothing to women and men mesh damaged for life. think the billions would come through, of all the billions they all got rich on, but make sure they do not get courts , after they did nothing to help women and men suffering, . women begging for help, anti biotics and treated so cruel and lies and lies, their sorry scum colleagues , the FDA. AND MORE. ANGER IS NOT THE WORD AFTER SUFFERING FOR YEARS AND WILL FOR LIFE BECAUSE OF GREEDY PEOPLE IN NEWS MEDIA AND MORE WOULD NOT TELL THE TRUTH, YEARS AGO. TO STOP WOMEN BEING DAMAGED AND LIED TO.

2. kristine says:

I agree 100%. This pain is horrid and unbearable. I would like to see how they live with it

• Kitty says:

AUGS is having their convention in Washington DC July 26 this year. 2014 Unfortunately I will be unable to make it. I wanted so badly to meet up with you all in DC this year and question some of the Docs. Jane is there any way that you could get a group together an get down there for the convention—?

• pam says:

KITTY, IF i could, I would love to be with the women too. remind all of us, jane, I AM HAVING A HARD TIME NOW, AND PAIN FROM SITTING, STANDING AT LENGTH PUTS ME IN BED, IN PAIN. it would be nice to have a doctor there also, that can exam women with all of us there, since some of us are having a very hard time with lies and cruelty of those in medical. I know locally I will never get help here, because they are covering for the doctors that implant mesh and lying. We desperately need at least 1 doctor that can examine women that will stand with them in courts after exam that will testify the truth and findings. to bring closure to some women that have never been allowed to get that and ask questions, of what they have ever with mesh protruding, in vagina area and also in back, some women only had front implant , some women had both front in back, the mesh in vagina area they can easily feel , but that moved in back, that gets into bowels and nerves and more in that area, some women only 1 mesh, some women double even 2 different mesh, brands. they knew these women would die, these sorry low life doctors and nurses knew it as they lied, . these without a doubt need to lose everything they have , and go to prison for life for murder, and any sorry board of medical that lie for them need to go with them. not just those with fda, and chemical companies and leaders in state and washington d.c. . that only listen to those that put evil bloody money in their pockets.

• Carly says:

I HAVE THE SAME THING PAM, I CAN’T SIT, STAND AND WALK FOR LONG AND IF I DO THE PAIN WILL PUT ME IN BED FOR UP TO A WEEK. PAM, HAVE YOU GOT CHECK FOR YOUR PRUDENTIAL NERVE?? MY IS DAMAGE AND ALREADY HAD SURGERY FOR IT. I STILL HAVE BAD PAIN WITH IT BUT MY DR SAID IT COULD TAKE UP TO 5 YRS TO GET BETTER, THAT’S IF I GET BETTER AFTER 5YRS HOW EVER I AM THAT WILL BE HOW I WILL LIVE THE REST OF MY LIFE….BS….GOD BLESS YOU PAM!! IF YOU EVER WANT TO TALK FEEL FREE TO CALL ANYTIME……410446-8454 LOVE TO ALL

3. pam says:

IF i were a judge, I could find a fast way to get through these cases, and get those doctors that if they lie in exams get prison in life for corrupting my court. How many doctors and exams can go through and records in one day, ??? That will get those fraud cases sent to prison, so that women that have suffered and lied to get justice . and those liars go to prison with those with chemical companies send some sorry crooked sen, cong, reps and gov. those in power that would do nothing to help women, along with fda that slammed phones down , coverring for those in state and washington d.c. , corrupt and greedy. NEWS MEDIA, LOCAL AND NATIONAL NEWS ALSO WOULD NOT EXPOSE THE CRUELTY AND LIES WOMEN THAT WERE PUT THROUGH HELL BY DOCTORS AND NURSES, BU7T ALSO ATTORNEYS.. ALL SHOULD BE EXPOSED. LOOK WHAT THEY GOT FROM THESE SORRY CHEMICAL COMPANIES FOR THEIR CAMPAIGNS TO LIE FOR THEM, THEIR DAMN LOBBIST..

• msm says:

The judge was quoted in the media that he was determined to bulldoze these cases through his court. I guess that could be interpreted in different ways. He has the authority to turn back a settlement offer as the judge did for the NFL players simply because she believed it wasn’t enough. So that would indicate (to me) that our MDL judge considers the amount offered by AMS is sufficient for the plaintiffs’ collective injuries. These guys are appointed and pretty much untouchable. I would hate to think he might be prejudiced in any way. (tongue in cheek). Surely not!

• pam says:

jUDGE JOE GOODWIN WAS APPOINTED BY PRESIDENT OBAMA, to over see the bladder mesh cases. we know Obama got thousands for campaigns running for President, as did mitt romney and more, lobbist also has companies covered as well as state leaders, FDA , LOOK WHO WERE ANSWERING THEIR PHONE LINES BACK WHEN I WAS TRYING TO ASK QUESTIONS , SINCE DOCTORS AND NURSES, , EMERGENCY ROOMS AND MORE, KNOWING i HAD MESH, BUT NOTHING ELSE. ALL LYING, HOW DO YOU FIGHT SO MANY GREEDY , LYING PEOPLE IN POWER? LOOK WHAT ATTORNEYS HAVE DONE, IT IS A SHAME TO GAG WOMEN THAT WERE NOT GETTING ANSWERS BY DOCTORS, 3 TIMES FDA SLAMMED PHONE ON ME, THE 4TH TIME, THEY SAID THEY WOULD SEND ME A FORM TO FILL OUT, AND THEY SENT A FORM THAT HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH MESH AT ALL. CONS, LIARS , MIND GAMES, SHOULD BE IN PRISON, ESPECIALLY THOSE THAT STOP TRUTH IN COURT ROOMS, SO THAT THE TRUTH AND WHOLE TRUTH IS NOT TOLD, FOR THOSE IN POWER AND COVER UP. TRUTH AND JUSTICE FOR ALL????? CONS BELONG IN PRISON, AND ANYONE THAT WOULD DARE USE MESH TO GET MONEY FALSELY FROM WOMEN THAT HAVE SUFFERED CLOSE TO DEATH AND MORE. BECAUSE THEY HAVE A CROOKED DOCTOR , NURSE TO LIE FOR THEM OR ATTORNEY, JUDGE THAT SAY THEY HAVE THEIR BUTTS COVERED IN LIES . there has got to be way to stop this evil. THIS IS WORSE THAN COMMUNISM. AND THEY ARE ALL GETTING PAID TO NOT DO ANYTHING IN STATE AND WASHINGTON D.C. .

4. a meshed up nurse says:

Dear Pam, I don’t mind you ranting- you raise some very valid points… But PLEASE stop including nurses as a whole when you do this. I realize that you probably have been personally injured by nurses who don’t know about the complications from synthetic mesh, and I’m truly sorry about that. But besides myself, I know numerous nurses who also were lied to and who bought the mesh propaganda, hook, line, and sinker, from the pharmaceutical companies and their doctors, abetted by our lacidasical, ho-him FDA, being seriously injured themselves, including a nurse who DIED from her mesh insertion and removal injuries and complications. So, Pam, as a mesh-injured nurse myself, I ask you to please leave the nurses out of your arguments. The vast majority of nurses and ones that I know didn’t (and many still, for the most part, don’t) know the whole truth about the very serious dangers of mesh. With respect, thank you.

Thank you Meshed Up Nurse…. there have more than their fair share of nurses who have been implanted. Unfortunately. Your words are true!

5. Pam says:

a meshed up nurse, I am sorry if you were meshed up with mesh too. Yes, i have been treated and had cruel words from nurses, even recently, in a clinic, again begging for an anti biotic, THAT I PUT OFF GOING TO GET HELP UNTIL THE PAIN AND INFECTIONS ARE UNBEARABLE. dreading to face a doctor or nurse that show no sympathy, as recently a nurse that had heard about mesh and damaged , said, ” I DO NOT BELIEVE WHAT THEY ARE SAYING ABOUT MESH ,SHE HAD AN ATTITUDE WITH ME. I said believe me it is true, and infection and pain are true, as blood in my urine again that they took showed blood from the mesh cutting me inside, and the pain has got much worse in the past 2 months, I also know that some nurses have been lied to too. REMEMBERING! the morning of my mesh implant , the operation nurse , very nice, as they were giving me meds before surgery to put me to sleep, I WAS NOT AFRAID, AND TOLD HER IT WAS GOING TO BE NICE TO NOT LEAK ANY MORE, as the doctor told me guarantee, no more pads needed.. ( a miracle thing that had come out , called a sling) she looked at me, and said I have had that surgery too, I SMILED AND SAID, , YOU DID??? HOW ARE YOU DOING SINCE MESH SLING??? she hung her head and dropped her eyes, not another word said.. I WAS SEDATED, TOO LATE, IF SHE HAD SAID PLEASE DO NOT HAVE THIS SURGERY,BUT SHE COULD NOT SAY ANYTHING, most probably the doctors that put mine in also put her s in, (a small city)and lies and cover up started within that year, no knowing the mesh had cut through, more than one place, that I know now caused the severe pains that at times would take me off of my feet, for over an hour at times, I BRUSHED IT OFF, NO KNOWING THE MESH HAD COME THROUGH 3 PLACES 2 PLACES OUT BAD 1 NOT AS BAD. I AM SORRY , MESH AND SAYING WORDS ABOUT NURSES THAT IS OFFENSIVE TO YOU. , knowing you are not the ones that was cruel to me. for over 5 years, . but I AM MORE THAN OFFENDED BY THOSE IN YOUR PROFESSION , THAT USED CRUEL WORDS TO ME, AND LIED TO ME TOO. i have seen so much evil in my life and speak out against more than just mesh, knowing how lies destroy people’s lives, and cover up, people adults that all ow these things to happen and not say a word. LIKE ALL WOMEN DAMAGED WITH MESH, NO AMOUNT OF MONEY CAN GIVE ME BACK MY LIFE BECAUSE OF THOSE NOT JUST IN MEDICAL, , BUT F.D.A. AND MORE EVEN NEWS MEDIA, THAT WOULD NOT BLAST WARNINGS TO WOMEN LIKE ME, BUT GOT PAID BLOOD MONEY IN LIES AND DECEIVING SO MANY WOMEN AND MEN. I am so glad I do not understand those so evil that lie and cover up because they want money , jobs ,off people’s pain and suffering. I ASK TO MANY QUESTIONS AS 1 DOCTOR SAID, EVEN PUT IN RECORDS, I am so sorry, I TOOK THE ONES THAT IMPLANTED MY MESH, i TRUSTED THEM. The nurse that said she didn’t believe women were damaged by mesh recently, would not back her words up and exam me, as all they want to do is put metal inside that cannot feel the mesh, I had to get angry with a couple and tell them to get the metal out of me that cannot feel the mesh protruding out in me,. 1 left the area after that, he took the metal out, and examined me, and said now do you feel the mesh, he said oh I see? and they want to say we are ignorant like the doctor I read that told the woman out side pharmacy that said she was ignorant. I AM SO GLAD GOD GIVES US THAT ARE NOT COLLEGE DEGREES MIND TO TO THINK, TOO. i hate to be put in a damned if you do and damned if you don’t situation, that gives me an attitude like no one else has . even above those with college degrees that lie , I BELIEVE TRUTH WILL STAND LIES AND LIARS HAVE TO TELL ANOTHER ONE TO COVER UP FOR THE 1 THEY JUST TOLD. . i DO NOT KISS UP TO ANYONE, NO MIND GAMES. LIKE POLITICIANS , DOCTOR S, ATTORNEYS AND CROOKED JUDGES, MEN AND WOMEN, GREEDY GUTTED LOW LIFE SCUM.
    i AM THANKFUL FOR WEB SITES TRULY OF THOSE WOMEN DAMAGED WITH MESH OR i WOULD STILL BE IN DARK, ABOUT MESH, because medical lied and covered up. WHEN i SAY NURSES , DOES NOT MEAN ALL, i have known 1 attorney not like the rest, but he because he told the truth had to leave town by his colleagues, i have spoke out about crooked judges too. THOSE FEW NOT LIKE THE REST , i KNOW AND YOU KNOW ARE HARD TO FIND. THAT IS LIKE JANE, SHE IS THE ONLY JOURNALIST i KNOW, THAT WOULD STICK HER NECK OUT AND WRITE THE TRUTH ABOUT MESH FOR WOMEN, THAT IS RARE, SHE DOES NOT FIT INTO THE MOLD TO ME OF OTHER JOURNALIST, OR SHE WOULD HAVE HAD SOME HELP, FROM NATIONAL TV AND MORE . HARD TO FIND. THOSE THAT WILL NOT BE LIKE HE REST. JANE i AM NOT YELLING WITH CAPS EITHER. THE MESH HAS CHANGED PEOPLE’S LIVES LIKE NOTHING ELSE, TRAUMA, YOU CAN GO THROUGH THE STORMS, IF YOU HAVE YOUR HEALTH, THIS STORM WILL KILL YOU. IF ANYONE SAYS ANYTHING ABOUT MY MOUTH SPEAKING TRUTH AND SOMETIMES HARSHLY, i TELL THEM IT NOT MY MOUTH, THAT IS IN PAIN AND SUFFERING IT’S THE OTHER END, THE PAIN IN WORDS COME OUT OF MY STRONGEST WAY TO VENT , GUESS WHAT THAT IS? MY MOUTH., AFRAID TO GO THROUGH ANOTHER SURGERY MAY WAKE UP WITH NO VOCAL CORDS. HAVE A GOOD DAY, ALL MESHED UP, , JANE, ALL THOSE, LIED TO LIKE i HAVE BEEN AND LIED ON.

• Kitty says:

Hi Pam I am not sure if you knew that I am a RN that had a mesh implant I never took your comments personally–because I knew who you were referring tol I look back 10 years ago at the Nurse Practitioner who was doing a follow up after my surgery. I didn’t realize at the time what was going on with mesh and I didn’t put 2 and 2 together. I now realize that she didn’t lie to me—but she was evasive and knew that something went wrong with the posterior mesh that was placed in me. She told me to take sennekot every day until I was an old lady and then I could have it repaired again. Today— I have terrible pain in my legs and back and pelvic spasms. I have read many of your posts and I know you are in very much pain—

• Barbara Dykes says:

There is a whole new group of Doctors since early in 2009 (approximately) who have become Mesh Removal Specialists. I am NOT saying all are doing it for the money but some probably are.. It is very profitable. Thank God I had good insurance or I would be dead by now. So many infections that my Urologist gave me a large supply to self start therapy for 3 days then come in for urine analysis. The Doctor I saw was a “UroGyno “mesh explant surgeon. I had to drive back and forth a total of approximately 2000 miles for pre-op, take Estrogen for 6 months to strengthen my tissues for surgery , then back again to stay in motel for surgery..Had to self cath at home.What a nightmare not just for me but for every patient and their loved ones to go through. There should be NO divide between Doctors! The mutilation of thousands of trusting women across this country says it all.Karma is coming for Johnson and Johnson who puts the almighty dollar(NOT people) as thier priority. Don’t give up Mesh friends! Gorskey is NOT GOD !

6. pam says:

Kitty,, I know all in medical would stand with those that have been cruel, just read on a web site about doctors convention about mesh, how 2 doctors spoke out against mesh against all of those for mesh implants. as I said, those are so hard to find much less get to for help. I have not mentioned some of the more cruel that doctors put even their receptionist up to saying cruel words , knowing of infections I was suffering, using sarcastic ridiculing words, on those things that I CANNOT HELP due to mesh implant. I HAVE BEEN VERY BLUNT WITH WHAT i HAVE SAID ABOUT MESH, , BUT SOMETHINGS SAID TO ME, , HONESTLY AND i DO GET EMBARRASSED, TO REPEAT WHAT THEY SAID , HERE, I CANNOT DO. I am so sick of even dreading to go to another doctor, YOU CANNOT GET A HONEST SECOND OPINION, AS 1 DOCTOR RECENTLY TOLD ME HE WOULD NOT SEE ME IF HE DID NOT HAVE RECORDS OF MESH IMPLANT,AND MORE. I said that is unfair to me, wanting your words not theirs, your test not theirs, because I have read their distorted truth and lies, to what actually took place. so many times I WAS NEVER TALKED TO AT ALL.. iF i were a doctor or nurse, I would love questions, and tell them to the best of my knowledge truth of my findings, to make sure all things were covered, tests and more not to provoke anger and confusion. AS A COUPLE OF SO MANY i SAW IN MEDICAL, i appreciated the truthful ones, that said , I cannot help you, I do not have the knowledge to remove mesh, it is going to have to be someone with more knowledge than I HAVE TO REMOVE IT, . TOOOOO LONG, THE LONGER IT IS PPUT OFF FINDING THAT 1, THAT WILL NOT LIE AND TREAT YOU AS THEY WOULD LIKE TO BE TREATED, THAT MESH MOVES AND GETS INTO OTHER BODY PARTS, THEY KNOW THAT! MORE BUTCHERING IF YOU MAKE THE DECISION TO REMOVE IT, FRONT AND BACK, CAUSING MORE DAMAGE. FRONT PART FROM WHAT i HEARD IS BETTER STILL BAD ENOUGH, BUT DOUBLE MESH , AND 2 DIFFERENT MESH CUTTING IN FRONT AND BACK, YOU CAN SEE , MY PROBLEM, SURE i AM NOT THE ONLY 1. I CANNOT ALLOW THEM TO KEEP DOING DAMAGE TO CUT THIS MESH OUT, INTO MY OTHER BODY PARTS THIS MESH HAS GONE INTO. . IT IS BAD ENOUGH AS IT IS, AND LIES AND CRUEL FOR YEARS, , I DO NOT SEE , how women before I had mine lived with this mesh, I BELIEVE THE NUMBERS THAT HAVE DIED , WE WILL NEVER BE TOLD. A SHAME FOR THOSE THAT MADE MONEY OFF OF MESH. i MADE A CHOICE, OVER WHAT i was told not to do, I REGARDLESS OF COURTS , DOCTORS, i don’t care who or what, , MY CHOICE IS TO DO THE RIGHT THING, AND SPEAK OUT AND TELL WHAT MESH DOES TO WOMEN, AT LEAST THE TRUTH OF WHAT i HAVE HAD TO GO THROUGH, LIKE LINDA AND MORE,, WARNING WOMEN NOT TO HAVE MESH IMPLANT NO MATTER WHAT THEY SAY TO STOP OTHERS FROM WHAT i AND MORE HAVE GONE THROUGH, IS MORE IMPORTANT. , I COULD SAY DAMN THE GAGS , DAMN THE JUDGES, DAMN THOSE LYING DOCTORS AND NURSES, ( NOT ALL) but I won’t, I USE TO PRAY, WHY CAN’T THEY JUST MAKE A LIE DECTOR, LIKE DNA, FOR PEOPLE TO TAKE IN COURTS AND MORE, SO GUILTY PAY , AND INNOCENT DO NOT SUFFER. WOULD BE SO MUCH EASIER. it would put a lot of liars out of leadership and professions they abuse.Thank god their are still a few, that say no way to those liars . kitty, I , i was told even by my mother when I WAS YOUNG, you are just different, so do not try to put me in a mold and try to make me something I am not. I will never fit,

7. pam says:

err. I know all would not stand with those cruel.

• Kitty says:

Pam you certainly do not fit the mold and I like that. Stay as you are. You have helped me express the truth of what I have been thru. I will be making an appointment with the furgeion who removed my SUI mesh this past Jan and I will confront her–but in a way that won’t get her too defensive. I will tell her of my ” pelvic cramping cramping:” More than likely she will tell me that it has nothing to do with the POP mesh that is still in me. Because of what I have learned from your comments—– I will then ask her ==”If you are unable to help me–who do you suggest I see?”

8. pam says:

kitty, I SEE A LOT DIFFERENT THAN MOST, YOU have to go through hell as they say, that people like those chemical companies with mesh, doctors , courts , lies, not allowed to speak, , here in what is suppose to be the greatest nation for truth and justice, to know swelling words and what is truth , and justice never happens in america.
    i like so many women need truth and closure that has took toooo long because of doctors that lied, sarcastic remarks, and did nothing to help us, even to 1 spoken of as a friend to women with mesh on web sites(not raz)
    provoking women to anger as even some attorney’s have done, does not strengthen trust at all, it destroys trust, as I told someone involved with mesh, that said after all lies by doctors and nurses I had gone to, and reading records of what was not put into records of what truly happened, (not what they say, what they are not saying, we have all heard that truth , cover up) Their words, ” We think that you don’t trust us, to why they were saying , we will not stand with you, (more details can be told) My words, Trust has to be earned, and you have not earned my trust, above all I wanted you and more to show anything words , actions, that I could trust you , I never got to the first base on that. THEY ALSO KNOW STRESS CAUSES OTHER HEALTH PROBLEMS THAT I MOST DEFINITELY DID NOT NEED, MESH WAS ENOUGH, PAIN, CUTTING , INFECTIONS AND MORE, MY LIFE WAS EATEN UP BY D—- MESH, IN MORE WAYS THAN JUST THE PAIN AND DETERIORATING MY HEALTH , SLOWLY DAY BY DAY WATCHING , STAGES OF HELL AND NOT KNOWING WHAT WAS BE NEXT COMING NOT BY DAILY, BY MINUTE, SECONDS, WITH PAINS, AND INFECTIONS AS IT CONTINUED TO CUT THROUGH AND CAUSE BLEEDING, MIXED WITH INFECTIONS, ANY MESH WOMAN KNOWS WHAT THOSE TO THINGS BRING OUT. .
    1 DOCTOR RECENTLY, SAID HOW DO i KNOW, , you will not get angry with me like you have with others, I told him, “DON’T LIE TO ME, TALK TO ME, ABOUT YOUR FINDINGS, WE WILL NOT HAVE A PROBLEM AT ALL, i hate to beg for what I need in meds because of mesh. I told him that 1 doctor that said she did not have knowledge to help me with mesh, most truthful , explained her findings, (just as this doctor found in exam, the mesh still cutting, protruding out bad. I ALSO TOLD HIM, i needed closure, to how much more damage in last 2 years since attempt to remove mesh had gotten. what to expect, what next,? ONLY A DOCTOR CAN CHANGE YOUR OPINION OF HIM OR HER, MINE HAS NOT CHANGED AT ALL WITH THE 1 FIRST DOCTOR THAT TOLD ME THE TRUTH, i still say she was 1 of the best , and most truthful caring for patients, it was her sorry colleagues that stopped me from seeing her again, after she told me the truth to which some lied in that same hospital, clinic, my opinion of those that lied in records and lied to my face , has changed , makes me want to cuss, those that did not lie and gave their best, what I said I stand on until , THEY DO SOMETHING TO CHANGE MY OPINION, not seeing me because of what their lying colleagues said and told her she could not do, truth needs to be told, SHE DID NOT DO IT, but this what american women have gotten lies and more lies, no one stopping it in america, or jane would have had more help with america’s national news stations. She carried the load, thankful scotland did the right thing and the reported there got the support she needed, Jane is 1 tough, reporter, different, the rest, fit molds , not to be trusted, Jane had it all, and women getting web sites started , to let women know what happened to them with mesh that we were not being told by medical, FDA, politician leaders, news media and more, . I have a problem with now doctor, will ask him again, how many mesh women have you helped removal and more, he would not answer, THIS IS KILLING ME, AND THEY KNOW IT. HOW EVIL CAN PEOPLE BE, TO ALLOW SUFFERING AND LIES KNOWING WOMEN HAVE SUFFERED, ENOUGH.
    TY JANE. , MESH WEB SITES, TRUTH, THEY HAVE BOUGH TIME, KNOWING SOME WILL DIE FOR STATES TO TAKE MORE AND ATTORNEY’S AND MORE, THEY LOSE NOTHING , ON THE BLOOD MONEY OF EVIL THEY HAVE GOT PUTTING MONEY BACK INTO HANDS OF LIARS, AND POWER THAT DID NOTHING TO HELP WOMEN AND MEN DAMAGED FOR LIFE BY MESH, NOT AMERICA’S BEST THAT CANNOT STAND ON THEIR OWN MERIT, OF BEING AMERICA’S BEST, JOURNALIST LIKE JANE, DIFFERENT, TRUTHFUL, DOCTORS TRUTHFUL LIKE THE 1, i SPOKE OF, DIFFERENT, NOT LIKE THE REST, THESE LIKE ATTORNEYS AND MORE , JUDGES WE NEED AMERICA’S BEST IN TRUTH. IF WE DO HAVE THEM IN AMERICA MESH HAPPENS,

9. pam says:

How many meshed up nurses have already got to dr raz and got help with mesh and had funds to get help? how many women that did not have access, to docs and info as nurses had, about mesh, HOW LONG DID THE NURSES MESHED UP WITH MESH HAVE IN SUFFERING WITH MESH COMPARED TO THOSE THAT HAD NO ACEESS TO HELP AT ALL, WOW SO MANY NURSES LIED TO TOO/ WHY DIDN’T THE NURSE RIGHT BEFORE MY SURGERY SPEAK OUT TO ME, ? AFRAID OF LOSING HER HIGH PAYING JOB, DECIDED NOT TO SAY ANYTHING TO WARN WOMEN NOT TO HAVE MESH IMPLANT THE SORRY DOC AND NURSES WITH DR. JACK MONNIG THAT LEFT 4 MONTHS AFTER MY SURGERY , AS DR JOYNER AND HIS SORRY NURSE LIED FOR HIM AND HIM FOR THEM, LAUGHED SAYING HE HAD TO MOVE WITH HIS HORSES. WHY AREN’T THESE LOSING THEIR EVIL LICENSE TO MURDER PEOPLE IN LIES WITH MESH IMPLANT THEY TOO GOT RICH OFF OF LIKE CHEMICAL COMPANIES, DAMN NURSES AND DOCTORS THAT LIE FOR THEIR COLLEAGUES AS PEOPLE SUFFER DAMAGE FOR LIFE. WHAT ABOUT DR DMOCHSKI AND THE COURT HOUSE CLERK THAT LIED FOR SORRY JUDGES HERE THAT LIED TO ME SAYING HE REMOVED MESH COMPLETELY FROM HER FRIEND, AND THEN TURNED AROUND AND SAID SHE DIDN’T TELL ME ABOUT THAT SORRY DAMN DOCTOR AT VANDERBILT, i trusted a woman that lied for a sorry judge and thought her clout in power with judges and attorneys and elections made her god too. another liar. that also covered for law and courts and people evil like she was too, I am sick of liars and those above the laws on boards and more in states that cover for their colleagues and lie so people like me never see justice just sneaky snakes that get those to do their evil dirty work like those implanted with mesh. prison for life , and then hell is where and what they should get, I do not back up to a liar no kiss butt or suck up to evil people, I don’t give a damn who their evil mama and daddy is or was.