Three Lawsuits Alleging J&J Mesh Injuries Quietly Settle in Missouri

May 13th, 2014 | By | Category: Legal News
TVT Secur, from MegaMed Service, ru

TVT Secur, from MegaMed Service, ru

While details of the settlement have not been made public, Mesh News Desk has learned that three cases naming a specific implanting physician, Christopher H. Robert M.D. All three cases were filed in a Joplin, Missouri state court and all three have been settled by Johnson & Johnson, which had previously vowed to fight each case in court. Attorney Adam Slater (Linda Gross v Ethicon $11.1 million) helped local counsel in each case but was unable to comment on any details of the settlement.

All three women claimed their permanent injuries resulted from a polypropylene pelvic mesh made by Johnson & Johnson’s Ethicon division, the TVT-Secur, Prolift and Prolift M+.   This is a good warning to any woman being sold on a pelvic procedure to check out the medical malpractice claims against a doctor before submitting to their “expertise.” Many states make that information public.

Linda Gross as jury verdict was read

Linda Gross as jury verdict was read

A settlement means there is no appeal and the monies are forthcoming unlike a jury award that is appealed. Linda Gross may have been awarded $11.1 million last year by a New Jersey jury, but that case is on appeal.

THIS STORY IS UNDER CONSTRUCTION PENDING A REVISION…THANK YOU.

Dr. Christopher H. Roberts, Joplin MO

Dr. Christopher H. Roberts, Joplin MO

In his bio page, Christopher H. Roberts M.D. grew up in Joplin, MO where his father was also an obstetrician-gynecologist for 30 years.  He got his M.D. from the University of Missouri-Columbia in 1991 and did a residence at the University of Texas Medical Branch in Galveston, Texas. Dr. Roberts is board certified in Ob-Gyn. He is also board certified in FPMRS (Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery, see doctors complain about the exam Here)  and is a fellow of the American Urogynecologic Society (AUGS). According to his bio, Dr. Roberts is a national instructor in prolape surgery for Ethicon and American Medical Systems as well as a national proctor for InterStim surgery (Medtronics Corporation). Rate MDs gives him a “poor” overall rating and shows Dr. Roberts reportedly has three offices in Missouri and Kansas. 620-783-2356. Comments appear under this rating. Including a link to MO courts and Dr. Roberts’ court history.

Lawsuit #2- Stacey Wilkins (S.W.) v. C. Roberts MD, Freeman Health System, Southwest Women’s Center, Ethicon, Inc., Ethicon Women’s Health and Urology, Gynecare and Johnson & Johnson. The complaint states that Dr. Roberts in this case also held himself out to have a “high degree of skill and learnings as that possessed and exercised by other members of his profession, and well able to render proper and adequate gynecologic surgical care and treatment.”  Because Dr. Roberts works for Freeman Health Systems he triggered something called “vicarious liability” meaning they would be brought into any malpractice action. See the complaint Here.

TVT Secur, urologist history website

TVT Secur, urologist history website

Johnson & Johnson’s Ethicon Women’s Health and Urology division, based in Somerville, New Jersey developed, designed and marketed the Gynecare TVT Secur system. Gynecare is a division of Ethicon and also known as Ethicon Women’s Health and Urology is also named as the originator of the TVT Secur system used to treat stress urinary incontinence (SUI).  All were authorized to do business in the state of Missouri.

On May 28, 2010 she had the surgery and by June S.W. complained to Dr. Roberts of having trouble urinating. By July she returned with complaints of pain and urinary retention. By July, Dr. Roberts operated again, this time incising the TVT mesh and performing urethrolysis (free the urethra from surrounding tissue). The pain continued, particularly on her left side and she had dyspareunia

The complaint says Dr. Roberts failed to recommend less invasive procedures, failed to obtain the necessary training, negligently performed the incision of the TVT mesh in July,  failed to obtain appropriate informed consent and did not inform S.W. of the risks of multiple procedures such as painful sex (dyspareunia). S.W. has incurred costs of follow up surgery in St. Louis and suffers emotional distress and a loss of quality of life, says the complaint.

The complaint says Defendant Roberts has a pattern of performing flawed and unnecessary vaginal procedures on sexually active women and as a result has caused injury to at least 15 other women over the past ten years. Dr. Roberts knew or should have known that the multiple vaginal procedures put his patient at high risk for unnecessary harm. S.W. is asking for punitive as well as actual damages in her medical malpractice lawsuit.

The second count is against Freeman Health Systems for breaching its duty of care, for failing to make sure its doctors were properly credentialed, especially after he had a pattern of injuring women, of failing to provide adequate informed consent and of implicitly misrepresenting to potential patients that it employed skilled and competent gynecological surgeons.

The lawsuit also names Ethicon, Gynecare and Johnson & Johnson in a product liability action for selling a defective and dangerous product that it knew, or should have known, would cause “severe bodily injury.” d9 ethicon a j & j company  200

Specifically the action says the TVT Secur was made with materials “That were not adequate to remain safely in the human body;” that “eroded into nearby structures;” that “calls for too much mesh to be inserted into the patient;” that “failed to include adequate instructions to the physicians using it;”  and that the Defendants “failed to adequately test the long term effects of having a TVT Secur system in the human body.

As a result, the plaintiff has suffered damage and permanent injury to her vagina and bladder which has required further medical care, expense, pain and suffering as well as permanent disability and disfigurement.

Court IV. is a failure to warn by J&J and Ethicon for its mesh it knew or should have known bodily injury and /or death was substantially likely to occur as a result of the defective and unreasonably dangerous TVT Secur system. Placing the Gynecare TVT near the bladder could make it much for difficult to remove and could potentially cause more tissue damage than other TVTs.

Court V. alleges negligence by the defendants J&J, Ethicon and Gynecare to provide adequate instructions to physicians using the TVT Secur, failure to adequately test the long term effects of having the TVT Secur in the body; that the training off physicians was faulty and inadequate “due to the education provided by Gynecare.” The defendants failed to recall the TVT Secur knowing what they knew about the potential for adverse effects.   The Count VI says that the defendants assured the TVT Secur was safe knowing that it wasn’t. Count VII says the company breached its implied warranty that the Secur was safe and that the plaintiff relied on those assurances, which ultimately contributed to her serious bodily injury. A number of items are included in the complaint that address limitations placed on compensation by a plaintiff due to tort reform measures.  Roger Johnson represents S.W.

Prolift kit

Prolift kit

Lawsuit #3  – Connie and Kevin Schubert (C.S., K.S.)  v. Christopher Roberts, MD, Freeman Health System, Southwest Women’s Center and Freeman Health Systems.

This medical malpractice claim says Dr. Roberts held himself out to be a skilled physician in the area of gynecologic surgery, care and treatment. The same allegations as in the previous case named Freeman Health and Southwest Women’s Center where Dr. Roberts worked. On December 8, 2008 C.S had a Ethicon Prolift implanted during a rectocele repair and enterocele repair and vaginal vault suspension.   By March 2009 she had a partial excision of the mesh. That would not be the end of her surgeries in June of that year C.S. had a third surgery with Dr. Roberts, a paravaginal suspension with an anterior Prolift +M and partial excision of mesh.

D20proliftm graphic  he wrote itThe medical malpractice action claims that Dr. Roberts failed to implement a less invasive and less risky method to treat prolapse, failed to do any pre-operative urodynamic testing, failed to adequately perform the procedure then failed to perform the excision of mesh erosion. To make things worse he then implanted a new mesh kit in June 2008 into an area that had already been injured. He also failed to obtain the appropriate informed consent.

The patient is facing future surgeries, medical care, travel, expense and suffers permanent disability and disfigurement.  As is stated in the other medical malpractice actions, Defendant Robert has a pattern of hurting women with flawed and unnecessary vaginal procedures hurting at least 15 other in the last ten years. K.S has lost the companionship of his wife. The couple seeks punitive damages as well as compensatory damages.

Count II is negligent credentialing charge against Freeman Health Systems for failing to provide the requisite standard of care, failing to monitor Dr. Roberts even as he continued to injure women; falsely informing women and failing to require him to warn potential patients about his history of causing injuries; failing to provide complete informed consent with the patient, failure to seek a safer option; in implicitly misrepresenting to patients it had a skilled and credentialed and competent surgeon when Freeman knew or should have known Dr. Roberts had over a dozen complaints and lawsuits lodged against him because of his poor performance.  Roger Johnson is her lawyer of  Johnson & Vorhees. #

Tags: , , , , , , , , ,

18 Comments to “Three Lawsuits Alleging J&J Mesh Injuries Quietly Settle in Missouri”

1. Paula says:

No matter the amount they receive it will never cover the long term pain, suffering and care needed. Glad someone finally caught him at his game, he should be stripped of his license to EVER practice. I suggest the same product is put in him. Hopefully us MESHED UP victims will raise the awareness especially about doctors like this one.

• Barbara Dykes says:

@ Paula…”Amen and Amen Sister” 6 years and counting. No more jumping in the car, heading off 300 miles to keep my grandchildren, No more romantic moments with my husband of 41 years. Just more antibiotics, Pads, and pain.J&J totally ruined the quality of my life. It does feel good to see someone punished! As an R.N. mostly for Hospice Care…I KNOW this is a violation of every Medical ETHIC out there!

2. Lydia says:

Had anyone on this blog been implanted by Dr. Patrick J. Culligan, Chief of Urogynecology, Atlantic Health Systems, Morristown, NJ? This Dr. Roberts sounds like a carbon copy of Dr. Culligan who I know is still doing doing TVM on active women withOUT informed consent. Doctors such as these MUST be stopped! Please write here IF you have or know of anyone else injured at the hands of Dr. Culligan.

3. pam says:

THE HELL NEVER ENDS, WHAT DOCTORS AND MESH AND COURTS HAVE DONE TO WOMEN, (AND MEN.
    Was hoping to see a doctor tomorrow, after waiting over a week for appointment, and about an hour ago , got a call, that he will not see me, as the nurse snickered, and gave lies to why they would not see me. THEY KNOW ATTORNEY’S ARE NOT GOING TO TAKE DOCTORS TO COURTS AND SO DOES THE MESH COMPANIES AND DOCTORS AND NURSES. I tried to expose kowing I had to file myself , I tried to get an attorney and kept being turned down, so I did it myself, knowing the crooked judges here would do nothing also, but had to expose, what they did. That sorry scum doctor sat(only 1 showed up there was 2of them that did my surgery. He sat there as I tried to even be heard in court, but was denied, I was stern, that doctor bent his shoulders like for pity ( down )in his seat, and looked as if to say see what she is doing to me, after that scum low life , that gives those in medical a bad name he had one side of court room full of people. Ever heard of the way those that come on in front of others as saints, everyone mentions god, I KNOW HIM WELL, AND HIS WORDS. EVIL COMES ON LIKE ANGELS OF LIGHT, MEANING APPEAR AS GOOD, REMEMBER WHEN JESUS WAS TEMPTED BY EVIL IN THE WILDERNESS? I have seen those men and women that do the same, in medical and courts and law so many times, THESE LIARS ARE GUILTY, AND SO ARE THOSE IN MEDICAL THAT LIE AND COVER FFOR THEM , PROVOKING PEOPLE TO ANGER TO APPEAR AS IF THEY HAVE DONE NOTHING. NOT EVERYONE IS HOPPED UP ON VALIUMS, Some people are in the real world, they want those that bow to them not ask questions, THEY NEED TO LOSE ALL THEY HAVE LIKE THOSE WITH MESH, that they destroyed their lives in medical research of evil, as never before.. TENNESSEE IS THE WORST STATE THAT LIE FOR THOSE THAT BUY FAVORS FROM, IN ALL PROFESSIONALS THAT DO DIRTY WORK, JUST AS WHAT ATTORNEY’S ARE ALLOWING WITH MESH CASES. mind games and lies are for evil and cons. not those in medical profession. etc. jane let us put all doctors and nurses on your web site and expose them, in their lies and what they put us through , telling us lies and doing nothing, they want us to continue being their medical research guinea pigs, if we don’t we do not get seen. MAKES ME WANT TO CUSS AND CALL THEM WHAT THEY ARE. i DO NOT ABUSE DRUGS AT ALL, NONE, THE PAIN SOMETIMES IS HARD TO TAKE THAT AN ASPRIN DOES NOT WORK AT ALL. THAT IS SORRY FOR THOSE IN MEDICAL TO DO THIS.EVEN WORSE WHAT ATTORNEY’S THAT PUT MORE ON CLIENTS WITH MESH AND DO THE SAME THING PUTTING THEM THROUGH MORE HELL, BELIEVING SORRY SCUM IN MEDICAl. judges?????????

• Kitty says:

Pam did you finally get a lawyer now? I can’t believe you went thru all of that by yourself

• Kitty says:

WENT TO regulations.gov COULD NOT FIND THE SITE FOR TRANSVAGINAL MESH TO HIGH RISK WHAT IS GOING ON !! PLEASE ADVISE THIS IS VERY WEIRD BECAUSE IT USUALLY COMES UP READILY

• Pam says:

Kitty , that is just touching the tip of all that some women have gone through. Yes, I have gone through this alone, I have no husband or boy friend, it took me longer to find out about protruding out in me in 3 places. My first , knowing about the mesh was infection that came, and went to a nurse practitioner and test came back, she tried over 4 months, and 3 different anti biotics and infection still there, She knew it was the mesh but did not say anything, she examined me, still would not tell me. Going to different doctors and cruel treatment they knew as in doctor’s sites they have all information on anyone that doctors put in. lies too!

begging for anti biotics at times, not knowing about pro biotics, that may help but it does not get rid of infections, being called a lesbian by some, because I would not get into a relationship or date after I found out about mesh. thank god I am not premiscious in sex at all. but I COULD HAVE USED A HUSBAND FOR SURE, AS i HAD OFFFERS OF DATES BUT SAID NO. NO NEED TO START A RELATIONSHIP , I HAVE HEARD OTHER WOMEN SPEAK OF HUSBANDS LEAVING THEM AND BOY FRIENDS. this only adds fuel to fire of anger I have. since mesh. I have lost faith in everyone, I know, but this week after begging again for anti biotic, and in severe pain, I left to get what I thought the nurse gave me prescription for anti biotic , to be told by pharrmacy at closing time , no anti biotic, I SAW FIRE AND GOT INTO MY VEHICLE AND DOORS CLOSED , ANOTHER WEEK END NEEDING ANTI BIOTIC, HONESTLY IN ANGER SOMETIMES i HAVE HEARD PEOPLE CAN LIFT A CAR, i WAS THERE . i GOT MY ANTI BIOTIC, AFTER PTTING ON THE SHOW OF ANGER AT PHARMACY AND THEN AT DOCTORS OFFICE, TO BE TOLD i HAVE AN ATTITUDE. i told the nurse wear my shoes for while as I have wore them with those in medical, I said I do not abuse drugs in any way, I am in severe pain, begging for anti biotic when I can hardly walk, to get to my feet puts more pain , the mesh has moved again, I AM SO SICK OF NOT GETTING QUESTIONS ANSWERED , BY MEDICAL AND THEN DAMN ATTORNEYS SAY THEY DO NOT CARE WHAT I AM GOING THROUGH WITH DOCTORS AND NURSES , WHEN THEY EVEN INSTIGATED ME TO GIVE A LETTER TO DOCTOR AND i GOT , ATTITUDE FOR HAND DELIVERING THEIR DAMN LETTER TO MY DOCTOR, PROVOKING ME TO ANGER, AND THEN THEY SAY i DO NOT TRUST THEM OVER 5 YEARS OF HELL , ATTORNEYS ADDING MORE STRESS PURPOSELY ON CLIENTS , WHY? WHY. AND EVERY TIME YOU TURN AROUND THEY ARE ADDING ANOTHER DAMN ATTORNEY TO YOUR CASE TO DRAIN ANYTHING FOR MY PAIN AND SUFFERING, TIO MAKE ANOTHER ATTORNEY RICH, A JUDGE NEEDS TO STOP WHAT SOME SORRY ATTORNEYS ARE DOING TO WOMEN, ALSO SOMETHING ELSE THAT NEEDS TO BE TOLD IN COURT ROOMS , ESPECIALLY THOSE APPOINTED TO BE OVER MESH CASES IN STATES AND FEDERAL COURTS THAT ARE BEING JUST AS EVIL. TRUTH HAS TO BE SPIT OUT AND SOMETIMES SINCE SOME OF US DO NOT STAY HOPPED ON VALIUMS, (I HATE DRUGS, BUT TAKE WHAT I KNOW I HAVE TO HAVE). THAT TO ME IS LIKE HAVING SOMEONE AT A GUN AT MY HEAD, AND i GET THE GUN AWAY, AND THEY SAY NOW BE NICE TO ME AFTER THEY WERE GOING TO KILL ME, I AM NOT THAT NICE , i WOULD HAVE TO TELL THEM TO GO TO HELL.i AM NICE BUT NOT THAT NICE.

4. Pam says:

BOTTOM LINE, FOR ME TO TRUST, EARN MY TRUST NOT IN LIES AND COVER UP, AND ABOVE ALL DO NOT COME ON TO ME AS AN ANGEL, AS SOME DO WITH SMILES AND DO EVIL TO ME.

• Kitty says:

.Pam I couldn’t tell it better than you. It is disgusting to have such condescending Drs and Nurses. Jane said regulation.gov is up and running. I had sling removed this year after erosion and self cathing. I have cramping like a menstral period–im >65 Im sure the POP mesh is eroding and may be infected–but I weas told I dont hav a UTI
      How do they tell if you have infected mesh? WBC count?

5. pam says:

kitty, truth is told sternly and in truth, and sometimes anger of what we have gone through comes out, I do admit sometimes against people ,that may not deserve the anger, but I HAVE LEARNED THE HARD WAY, YOU DO NOT TRUST EVEN FAMILY MEMBERS. BY THE WAY THAT IS BIBLE, knowing god has been mentioned on this web site and others by women that had mesh implants.

kitty, you do not have to have anyone tell you that you have infected mesh, no doctor or nurse or attorney or judge noone, YOU KNOW WHEN YOU DO A SELF EXAMINATION, ON YOUR SELF, FEELING THE MESH PROTRUDING OUT THAT YOU CAN FEEL, AND ANYONE ELSE, no matter how much cover up and lies are told, to finally find a doctor that is most truthful with you, but as soon as her colleagues find out she told you the truth, red flags go up, so that she has to tell you she cannot see you again, because of her sorry lying colleagues, that cover for doctors that did the mesh implant. infections apparent, they never go away, anti biotics only give temporariy relief from ongoing infections that you never had before, and you know damn good and well, you have not had sex with anyone, when you do not have a husband or boy friend that you have gone with to get anything since mesh implants, you have to do something to get something , common sense , it does not take years of education to have common sense that I have found so many in medical do not have.
    THEY ARE JUST AS MUCH CONS AND INTO LIES LIKE THOSE IN PRISON, SOME SHOULD BE WITH THOSE LIKE THEM. the mesh does not stop cutting and oving, as mine has moved again in the last month, and now has affected me in more ways, infections weaken women, strength that you never get back. I am weak, but as I told an attorney, I am weak, but my strength is now in my words to speak truth, at the other end , I still have my voice, that I lost for about 5 months after mesh was attempted to be removed, pneumonia, I THOUGHT i WAS NOT GOING TO LIVE DEALING WITH MESH INFECTIONS TOO. A DOCTOR COULD NOT MAKE A DIAGNOSIS OF PNEUMONIA, COPD, AND BRONCHITIS, i READ THE RECORDS LAST WEEK, AND SAW THEY DID NOT HAVE IN RECORDS WHERE THE DOCTOR SAID i COULD DIE IF i LEFT THE HOSPITAL, THEY KNEW i HAD MESH AND DOWN PLAYED THE PNEUMONIA i GOT AFTER THE LIES OF A DOCTOR IN ATTEMPT TO REMOVE MESH.EVEN THE ATTORNEY GAVE ME A HARD TIME WHEN HE COULD HEAR i WAS GOING THROUGH HELL WITH LIES AND PNEUMONIA AND COULD BARELY TALK. you do not sleep , when you are down some people kick harder , like that attorney, and they do not expect you to kick back, I break their cycle every chance I get , when they use mind games of evil, believe me, I let them know they need to know me, , if they did they would know I hate lies , mind games, and cons, not to kiss their butts , I tell them people that use those tactics belong in prison with those just like them. they do not like it that I do not see them as gods. I HAVE A MOTH TO SPEAK WITH AND A BRAIN GIVEN TO ME BY GOD ALMIGHTY, LOOKS LIKE GOD LEFT THEM OUT TAKING THEIR CONSCIOUS OF THEIR EVIL AND LIES THEY DO TO HUMANS.
    I CANNOT JUST TIP WHAT i FEEL, MY SOUL WILL NOT LET ME, IT ALL HAS TO COME OUT AND BEFORE i KNOW IT A SHORT TERM TURNS INTO THIS BOOK i WROTE YOU KITTY. BOTTOM LINE, YOU KNOW , NO DOUBT, THE MESH IS PROTRUDING OUT, AS MINE STILL IS AFTER MESH TRY TO REMOVE IT. AND INFECTIONS, ARE VERY APPARENT.KITTY, DON’T LET ANYONE TELL YOU , YOU ARE CRAZY WHEN THE PROOF IS APPARENT, , TELL THEM TO GO TO HELL WITH THEIR LIES. The only time I get strong is when provoked to anger which is most often since mesh, stand your ground and always stand on truth. sometimes it feels like it is you against the world, I know. but you are not alone, so many of us. THIS STORM WILL ALWAYS BE THERE FOR SOME OF US, FOR THE REST OF OUR LIFE, BUT KEEP MOVING, DO NOT LAY DOWN, i am up and down all day, I am worn out, sitting to long hurts, fistulas that also run in buttocks, , You know even when they are under the skin, and urinary tract infections and more none ever clear up with anti biotic. . I let jesus calm the storm for awhile for me , until the next storm comes. god be with you! the lies have to be covered by more, truth can stand never changes.

• Kitty says:

Pam it is interesting what you have to say. What im confused about is how the sling is attached. The Dr showed me how is was looped over the urethra and she did remove the loop. I have to get the report. I don’t know if arms were left but the sling had to be attached somewhere., I believe I would feel better if I had some Levoquin or Cipro.
      I certainly appreciate all your info. I wish we could go to the AUGS convention in wash DC July 26 We could ask some questions of the urogynocologists as they are still implanting poly mesh. My daughter will not be in town on that day–otherwise she would take me to the convention site and I could stay with her in VA. She would have room for 5=6 of us I hope you have a good evening I hope we can meet someday. Thanks again for your input.

• pam says:

Kitty, it is sometimes confusing to a lot of us women, because we have not had a doctor yet that will sit down and talk to us. YOU KNOW THAT A UROLOGIST KNOWS WHAT FISTULAS ARE! I WAS GOING FROM ONE DOCTOR TO ANOTHER TRYING TO EXPLAIN TO THEM WHAT i WAS FEELING IN BY BUTTOCKS AND WHAT IT FELT LIKE, STANDING UP AND TELLING THEM, i FELT LIKE AN FOOL, WHEN a attorrney that I liked talked to me at length, and she said it is fistulas, I said what is fistulas , I never heard of it. She explained it to me, I SAID DAMN,why hasn’t 1 doctor in all of this time, told me that? She said I don’t know, the next time I called back to talk to her , I was told she was no linger with the law firm, LIKE DOCTORS WHEN THEY COVER UP TRUTH AND LIE, THEY PROVOKE YOU TO ANGER TO TELL YOU THEY WILL NOT SEE YOU AGAIN. I CAN BE MORE SPECIFIC , BUT WON’T FOR NOW. you should have been in the doctors office I was in last week, again begging for anti biotic,
        Just urine specimen showed most definitely infection, no exam would they do. As the damn nurse when I TOLD HER OVER 5 YEARS OF HELL i HAVE GONE THROUGH, SHE SAID i DO NOT BELIEV WHAT THEY SAY, i SAID LET ME BRING SOME DOCTORS RECORDS HERE AND GO OVER WITH YOU ALL THE LIES , IN DETAIL OF NIGHTMARE MEMORIES OF WHAT THEY LIED ABOUT AND COVERED UP, ANDF THE RECORDS OF DIFFERENT DOCTORS, SAYING NO MESH PROTRUDING OUT, THEN 1 DOCTOR THAT TOLD THE TRUTH, AND CONFIRMED MESH OUT, MORE THAN WHAT i SAID IT FELT LIKE, WHEN i wanted to see her again told me she could not because her colleagues said no, THEY LIED ABOUT WHAT HAPPENED TOTALLY, AND ALL INVOLVED.

kitty , don’t know about the other women, I have double trouble, , with 2 differnt meshes implanted , but they all know they
        I have records showing that the doctors that said they would not see me again and lied,also sent for attempt of my mesh removal surgery, I was lied to again by that doctor and the truth of all that happened, Why would doctors that said they would never see me again , get my hospital records after they said they would never see me again. THEY DAMN WELL KNOW , THAT THOSE DOCTORS IN THE BEGINNING THAT LIED , HOPED i would not survive this long, as it has been tol it goes into nerves and other body parts and no doctor truthful will see me, it has been almost 19 months since my attempt of mesh removal , do you know I have not had a 6 weeks exam to this day at all, like that nurse so hateful last week , she all but said I was lying but also said she did not believe what was being said, she rolled her eyes when I TOLD HER i CAN SHOW HER RECORDS OF WHAT A DOCTOR SAID YES , NOT JUST IN 1 PLACE BUT 3, AND NOW MORE, IT IS EFFECTING MY WALK AND PAIN UNBEARABLE PAIN NOW, WHERE IS THE MESH NOW? NO DOCTOR. AS ANY DOCTOR THAT GETS MY RECORDS SEE THE LIES IN RECORDS AND SAY NO TO SEEING ME TALKING OTHERS DOCTORS RECORDS AND LIES AS GOSEL TRUTH, WHAT DO YOU DO?

6. Richard M Howden(AMU) says:

For those looking at adding a comment to the FDA at regulations.com the docket number you need to search to get to the petition is: FDA-2014-N-0297. Please make your comments as soon as possible. Please ask any family or friends that are witness to what you have been going through with your Mesh to make a comment also. Lets make PP material for mesh products a thing of the past. Best Wishes…….

• Kitty says:

Thank you Richard The numbers are climbing last time was 92

• pam says:

Richard , i have already sent comment, (I was nice , but stern) I agree, more need to sign and send comments, but the woman that called me from washington d.c. a couple of years ago, I called back severely times , and she would not talk to me or respond at all, I got no where. thanks Richard.

7. lydia says:

These are the recent reviews on RateMds.com on Dr. Patrick J. Culligan, Director, Urogencology @ Atlantic Health Systems, Morristown Memorial Hospital, Morristown, NJ; Overlook Hospital, Summit, NJ and Newton Hospital, Newton, NJ. THE HEAD OF UROGENCOLOGY FOR THIS MAJOR HEALTH SYSTEM! He EXPERIMENTED on women, kicked them to the curb when the mesh experiments failed, put them on narcotics, gave multiple scripts for Levaquin (which caused tendon problems because of the quanities prescribed by him), told them there urinary retention symptoms caused by the mesh would be resolved if they trained their bladder to relax by counting backwards from 100 to 1 OR recite their favorite poetry over and over until the bladder released), and told them ALL they were “UNIQUE”. How is this man still in this prominent position and STILL performing these surgeries on women???? Look at these unaltered recent reviews – these are just a few of the women devastated by his greed and lack of skill. This is murder with intent.

Dec 12, 2013 – Lacks EVERYthing one needs to be a medical doctor. Devoid of skill, technique, comprehension, passion, ability to determine correct procedure for patient. Experiments on you with unproven procedures and then walks away when he fails. And, he mostly fails! How did he become the Director of Urogenecology at Morristown Memorial Hospital??? This alone is a travesty and insult our medical community! Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield Respond

Oct 22, 2013 – A master magician – or so he thinks – puts his faith in unproven technology – DaVinci and Mesh Kits. He will experiment on YOU! Total disregard for women. He uses women as “rat biology”! If you have a problem, he wants you to go away and his staff in uncaring and will laugh at your pain – honestly. Do not call this man a “doctor”! Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield Respond

Aug 8, 2013 -I had the mesh sling done and was good for maybe a year, when I went back and told him I was leaking again, he became very defensive. Now, I am in far worse shape than before-always have to have heavy leaking pads on and changes of clothes and underwear. He passed me off to his partner, who of course wants to do more surgery. I am very displeased and angry!! Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield Respond

May 18, 2013 – Dr performed prolapse surgery using DaVinci robotics machine & surgery did not rectify my symptoms. Dr Culligan’s ofc was very interested in my completing his sex survey at each visit but didn’t determine what was causing my symptoms. Seemed sympathetic however he never ordered tests such as MRI pelvic floor which new dr ordered. Turns out mesh tore 2 yrs after surgery. Now need major surgery. Do your research first & ensure appropriate tests are performed before surgery. Dr Culligan may be good for very simple procedures. Insurance: CIGNA

8. […] thousands of transvaginal mesh cases it is facing, healthcare giant, Johnson and Johnson (J&J) quietly settled three mesh-injury cases in Joplin, Missouri last month. The three women had all gone to the same doctor and the same […]

9. Yvonnne Brennan says:

HI guys
    I am from Britain and am so pleased that you guys are getting somewhere.
    Unfortunatley my government dont seem to worry that we have a problem in England.
    But we keep fighting to get thenm to OPEN THIER EYES and throw their blinkers away.
    GOOD LUCK GUYS AND WELDONE