Huffington Post Live Interview with Mesh Survivor

Apr 23rd, 2014 | By | Category: Legal News

akreApril 23, 2014 ~ Huffington Post Live today interviewed Estelle Tasz and Jane Akre about our unprecedented appearance at the Johnson & Johnson shareholders meeting today.

estelle

Estelle Tasz and Jane Akre

There are five mesh survivors here who fielded questions from reporters this morning including Associated Press, the Star Ledger and others about why we are here and the 30,000 lawsuits facing the company over their defective pelvic mesh. You can hear this interview at 10:00 in:

huffington post
Anchor Alyona Minkovski of Free Speech Today asked excellent questions.  A light show will be the highlight of the evening of the “Johnson and Johnson Hurts Women” campaign. A news conference will be held at 8:30 Thursday morning outside of the hotel where the shareholder’s meeting will be held at 9:30 am.

15 Comments to “Huffington Post Live Interview with Mesh Survivor”

1. jacqui scott says:

well done jane and estelle and all the other that are there with you thank you for being our voices <3

2. Wendy says:

Thank you for fighting for justice, the stop of mesh being used on future women. Thank you, I pray that someone realizes how devastating life is after mesh implants.

3. bookworm1958 says:

I read that Boston Scientific has requested that the court consolidate all of their bellwether trials for a September court date. Has anyone else heard anything about this?

• msm says:

No, I don’t think so. But Boston Scientific did. “the court consolidated eleven (11) cases from the Southern District of West Virginia to be tried on all issues beginning on October 14, 2014″ . Bard is going to try 200 consolidated cases next January I think. At that rate, most of us will never see justice.
      All the MDL’s are listed here and are linked to the judicial proceedings for each:

4. rose says:

http://www.thecarlsoncompany.net/surgical-mesh/ Don’t know if this is admissible but would be answers. They do blood and urine testing for poly – polymer- heavy metals- toxins & metabolites of mesh. Hope this helps some.

5. Jane says:

Estelle, thank you so much. Jane as always thank you for covering this problem so many women face.
    I don’t hear women coming forward saying my mesh operation was great, everything is fine. Unless I’m missing something. I have a friend that woke up from a surgery and found out that she was implanted with the mesh.

I was just denied Social Security Disability after a 2.5 year wait. The doctors won’t commit to the fact that the bladder sling has caused my problems. Just diagnosed after the SSDI decision with Myofascial pain in my leg and fibromyalgia. When did the pain start. Day after surgery. Within 24 hours after my surgery.

I have mesh erosion that my doctor wants to operate on. I said what for. You can’t fix this.
    But these companies can be responsible. I am facing the same thing Estelle said. I’m tired. I can’t do much. I feel like I am coming down with the flu everyday. I hope there is a Mesh Hell for these companies. I know I’ve been living it.

6. HE says:

Thank you Jane and Estelle. I know this is hard, but thank you for the fight. I hope the word will get out there and many will no longer be maimed, or even lose their lives to the product we know as mesh.Every little step adds up and eventually the whole truth will come out!

7. John F says:

Thank you. Jane!!! My mother has been living in mesh hell since 2009 with 3 revision surgereys that have not made a difference. Recently her doctor gave her a shot of botox and said if it works it could give you some comfort for 3 to 6 months. For the most part it has worked and has taken some of the pain away so that she feels she can function again. Just wondering if anyon else has had botox. Thank you

8. Sandy says:

Jane, I am praying to God that my disability goes through. Many years ago I had back surgery so I can’t stand very long. That was fine because I could sit now due to the mesh surgery I can’t sit at all vey long maybe 5-15 minutes and the pain is so bad I can’t stand it. How in the hell can the doctors say it is not related! Many women never had problems until this mesh happened! Now we can’t function normal any more. My life has change for the worst and the quality is terrible. If I don’t get SSD I could lose my home and my husband. He is frustrated by more than 2 years of hell. I wish AMS would have a members meeting I would go and let them know they have dirty money. Money earned by hurting people just so they could be rich. I will never be the same. And there seems to be no justice. Is there any one who can help us. The attorneys are being quiet and no word on any thing happening. Mean while the women who trusted their doctors are in pain and suffering. They are losing their homes and everything they have worked for while these medical companies get rich. There has to be an answer to all of this. Please someone tell me what we can do. I was told settlements would be less than 100,000.00. Just by me not being able to work anymore I will lose 3x’s that. Where in the name of God is any of this fair to us women!!!!

• Jane says:

Sandy, ‘I wish you the best on SSDI. You can find me on http://www.ssdfacts.com under vjr.
      My whole story is there. I’m putting all my info out on that forum so others know as well. And it’s been great support. I am appealing the decision which I’m told is about 1.5 years wait for Appeals court.
      Great. I lost 50,000 a year income since 2011. Considering just my wages over 9 years to work? We’ve already lost our house. I’m surprised my husband and I are still together. My earning power was really needed that past few years. Tried working from home and couldn’t sit at my desk.

I was told by my urogyn that the mesh is not causing the lymphedema in my legs or the leg and back pain.
      I pretty much had leg pain instantly after the surgery. My legs swelled within 2 weeks. I went from size 10 to size 16 in 3 months. So SSDI looked at me as obese. Thanks,. I eat like a bird. I’m trying to avoid surgery as long as possible. Not too many positive outcomes out there.

I was an office manager. I can’t sit for more than 15 minutes as by back goes into spasms. If the lymphedema is acting up I run to the bathroom every 15 minutes and no one better be in my way or I wet my pants. If I run errands I have to stop at every bathroom on the way. The back and leg pain keeps me up at night so I don’t sleep. Can’t drive on bad days. I feel like I watch the world go by without me.

9. Jane says:

A lot of people are out there fighting for us!

• Thank you for posting a link to my Johnson And Toxin site, Jane. Much appreciated. I took part in the twitter postings for the JNJ shareholder meeting. Feel free to check out my responses to their BS posts by searching for #JNJASM14 – I just jumped right into the discussion and was actually surprised that my account didn’t get suspended!

The sad fact is that women around the world have been affected by JNJ TVTMesh, in addition to Metal-on-Metal Hips, Risperdal, Levaquin, etc. There are so many bad products, false advertising, marketing fraud, kickbacks, payoffs and so on. The most harmful products, Risperdal, Mesh and MoM Hips were honestly, that psycho Gorsky’s projects. It’s pretty apparent that he was well aware of the problems long before the products were discontinued.

Time for Gorsky to go…NOW!

10. Sandy says:

If I get denied SSD we will lose our house. This is such BS! We can’t work! Tell me who will hire me if I tell them I can only sit 5-15 minutes and due to previous back injury can’t stand for more than 5-15 minutes also! No one would want to hire me. And oh yea, I am on three different pain meds all the time 24/7. Would you hire me? Jane, I feel so sorry for you! I guess I feel sorry for all of us. We need to stand together. May be in Minnetonka MN. AMS so I have heard has the largest base of claims against all of the companies. How can someone’s life be destroyed like this and it’s ok? Someone please explain this to me!

• Barbara says:

Sandy, I agree with your comments. This poor woman went through all of this and is told she needs a Psychiatrist!
      I have been stuck at home for 6 years, marking my life off the calendar and at this point I would seriously punch some Doctor who was that cold. J&J is like Satan. THEY DO NOT CARE about “People”!!! Only the bottom financial line and saving their “Ass”. God has a plan for them. At this point “Satan” would not want to be seen with them. Its one thing to make “Honest” mistakes another to cover up the HARM they have done to women all over the world.